To apply, send resume and if applicable, a portfolio of your work to
1. Design, build, test, and improve mechanical systems for our mobile robots, including but not limited to: mobile bases, reduction drives, actuators, lifting mechanisms, serial robot arms, grippers/dexterous hands, soft robots.
2. Build testing mechanisms and prototypes; supervise the manufacturing process and ensure product quality when needed.
3. Systematically analyze and evaluate the performance of existing or proposed mechanical systems and improve them.
4. Work with project managers and the CTO to provide assistance and tech support to achieve project goals.
1. Mechanical engineering or related background.
2. Comfortable using CAD software such as Solidworks.
3. Curious about how things work and familiar with numerous mechanical structures.
4. Comfortable with fast-prototyping machines such CNC machines, laser cutters, 3D printers, or other manual tools.
5. Experience in developing robots or robotics competitions is preferred.
6. Goal-oriented and self-motivated.